|Parish Tour||Events||Clubs||Churches||P.Council||History||Services||Days Out|
There are many boundary stones marking the parish bounds (and also some marking manor boundaries) but one set are particularly interesting. These are the named boundary stones on Haytor Down. The "DS" on the reverse side probably stands for the Duke of Somerset who leased parts of Haytor Down to the Templer family to develop the Haytor granite industry. Most of these stones were erected in the 1850's but there is one new one unveiled by Prince Charles to celebrate the Millenium.