|Parish Tour||Events||Clubs||Churches||P.Council||History||Services||Days Out|
|Its not difficult to see
where this tor got its name from.
Lower (428metres/1404feet) than Haytor and Rippon Tor and midway between them, but still with fine views.
There is much evidence of tin mining in this area from the Haytor Consols which were worked from 1845 to 1854 and stretched from Hemsworthy Gate to the slopes of Bagtor. Peat was used to fire the steam engine.