Workmens' Cottages

Parish Tour Events Clubs Churches P.Council History Services Days Out

On the south-east side of the Haytor Quarry is the site of the original Haytor Village, consisting of quarry workers cottages.  It was abandoned around 1860 with the decline in quarrying, the workers moving down to the new cottages at Haytor Vale
Today, all that can be seen is a gatepost, a few trees and the outlines of the buildings.  (Quite often on the moor, lone trees are evidence of previous habitation.)
Parish Tour Events Clubs Churches P.Council History Services Days Out